Silvia, my VW bug is in the shop again. For all her flaws (and she has many) I still love her. I don't know if it is because she was an anniversary gift from my husband, or because my first car was a bug and I have always loved them or it could be as simple as she is just so darn cute. But I seem to just keep putting up with all of her short comings. For the ones who are not familiar with some of the problems that have invaded Silvia ( and from what I have read on the Internet have been common problems with other bugs) Here is just some of the them she has had in the short time I have had her.
1.We have had to replace the front and back brakes
2.The doors don't latch closed so I have to use bungee cords to keep them shut even when I drive. ( this always Leads to Eliza explaining to her Friends not to be scared -"it is just one of those things about Silvia- nobody it perfect" ) The up side of this is the kids always have their seat belts on and never ask to sit in the front seat.
3.My check engine light has been off and on for about a year- others on the Internet have said this is a common problem and is a sensor malfunction.
4. Speaking of sensor lights they flash on and off at will as tough she is possessed but usually giving her some sort of fluid will solve the problem- She loves guzzling oil ,antifreeze-well any and all kinds of fluids, Shes not picky
5.We had a recall on something to do with the brake
6.She has also had work done on her transmission and now her radiator.
7. The splash guard under the car fell off
8. I know there is more but I just can't seem to think of them now- I must be in denial.
I wounder if something is wrong with me that I am so attached to a lemon? ( Sorry Silvia-It doesn't matter anyway because you are still so darn cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment