


I am making my first grandmothers flower garden quilt. I have been having so much fun learning how to do it. It is all hand sewn. I love that about it. I pre-cut all the little hexagons and put each "flower" in it's own little zip lock bag. When I have a spare moment I can just pull out the little bag and work on the individual flower.I don't have to pull out the sewing machine and there is no clean up. Just zip up the baggy until I have another spare moment. I love working with so many different fabrics too. I have not got bored looking at the same fabric over and over. I have most of my flowers done now and am starting to work on putting the white edge around them and then sewing them together. I wanted bugs in my flower garden, so when I found some fabric that has lady bug, Beatles, birds, and butterflies all in the right size I could not resist it. I am hoping to add a border with embroidered flowers, bee hives,butterflies, yo yo flowers and bee spelling out sayings.I am having so much fun making it I don't even care how long it takes me to finish it.





somehow I missed this post until just now. i love it! and it looks like you found lady bug fabric that is better than mine would have been. you have all of your flowers done? you're amazing! i can't wait to see it in person. yay you!
ReplyDelete