











I just busted a button I am so proud. David is such an amazing person. How did I ever get so lucky as to have him for a son? As we strolled through the Gym and admired the art work on the walls and tables I was truly impressed. Boy David was good! I mean really good! I had seen some of the drawings he had been working on at home but a lot of his art he had created at school. I was just blown away at his talent. As I stood in front of one of his pencil drawings holding my camera up so I could get a photo, I heard a voice ask if I was Davids mother. When I turned around I was greeted by a smiling Lady about my age. She said she had been impressed by his art. Her son had been talking about how good David was all year long but when she had seen his work she was blown away. David has won several awards at different art shows this year, including some pretty big impressive shows. I hope he will be able to continue to develop his talent. I pray that he is led towards people and opportunities that will guide him and mentor him in sharing this wonderful gift. Time flew by and soon It was time to take our seats. First the coir sang then the awards where given out. David won first place for his oil painting. He really deserved it, I thought. It was exquisite. The shading and mixing of colors was wonderful. and no detail was left out. the back ground had just as much attention payed to it as the main subject , an oriental boy. When we had been admiring his painting earlier in the evening David had explained some of the ticnieices he had used. He had mixed blue and black for the shirt and then brown and black for the sleeve so that there would be definition . How he mixed and shaded colors showed how talented he really is.He also received several other award. I was still marveling at how blessed he was to have such talent when the high school band began to play. After only one song the program was cut short because of a tornado warning. As we rushed home the sky had turned its dark Eire shades and the rain was pouring as it dose when a tornado is coming, But my mind wasn't on the weather it was thanking God that David had been so blessed and hoping he would have an opportunity to bless this world with his talents.





Wow! Amazing talent. You should be so proud! Incredible!
ReplyDelete