Friday, January 1, 2010

2009 brought some sad goodbyes as well as a wonderful new beginning. Both of our dogs died. Lady and Babs where so loved and such a wonderful part of our lives. We really miss them. Then on Christmas day my cat Penelope crawled underneath the house and passed away. I was always really protective of her because she had brain damage and so she had a hard time. She was very loving and always wanted to cuddle.I really don't know what caused her death but I really wish she hadn't died alone. I wish I had been able to hold her and tell her I loved her.

But Christmas also brought a new baby to our home. He is the cute, sweetest, ball of energy. After losing two dogs I was debating if I was ready for another dog, but I started looking just in case. I went to the pound, the humane society, and put the word out that I was looking. I saw LOTS of really cute dog, but none seemed "just right" That was until I met Trigger. He is a husky/lab mix like Babs was but he doesn't look at all like her. He is working on house training now and is catching on really good. He is friendly and loves everyone. He loves to chew (what puppy doesn't) and always want to be involved with whatever we are doing. We are in love with him! I feel like he is a gift from God to our family.

3 comments:

  1. So sorry about your losses this year! I do love the beautiful new little one! So cuddly! We had an old kitty (22 years - didn't know they could even live that long) pass away this year also. There's such a huge hole there. She was the best . . .

    ((hugs))

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am sorry for your loss. We got a dog for the first time this past year and I have really come to love her--after a rocky start. :-) I am glad you got a new pet to love! Oh, and I like your rug. I have one just like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry about your losses...I know that's hard. But your new little one is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails