I am far from the mother I dreamed and wish to be but somehow my wonderful children see past my short comings and feel my love for them. This mothers day was absolutely wonderful. I went to Church with Eliza, Mike did a BBQ and I got to talk with or be with each of my children. The day was full of gratitude for the best family ever, the beauty of nature, great food and wonderful gifts. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful family, who show me so much love despite my shortcomings. I got a card from David that said it so well. on the front it said " I spell Love" Open it up "MOM -- just in case you're still wondering why I wasn't valedictorian of my high school class. " then he wrote. " For all the things I am, a horrible speller, crazy teeth and a little scatter-brained, The things you gave me, Thank you. They are the favorite parts of me I hold dear, I love you Mom."
Eliza Made a darling flower pot for me in girl scouts. The flowers are pens, stuck in a flowerpot full of beans that look like dirt. It is cute.
To keep in the gardening theme... since i love my garden... Mike gave me a beautiful birdbath, flowers and plants for my garden and the best present ever top soil, peat moss ,and manure. YA! He built me a raised bed for my vegetable garden last fall and I really wanted to fill it with great soil... now I can.
Mike did a BBQ and set up the table under the tree in the backyard. Eliza and I picked some of my lilacs for the table. OH how I love not only the beauty of the flowers but the sweet fragrance they bring. After we were done eating we built a fire in the fire pit and sat around it and talked way past dark. I love time with my family.
Isaac and Alyssa sent me a garden wreath. I absolutely love it.. I put in on the back door,where the court Yard is because that is the door I use all the time and I love seeing it.
My family is so incredible. To get a big hug and a sincere "I love you mom, thank you for all you do" from my 17 year old son , And to have my Daughter who is the greatest mom herself tell me she hopes she can be as good of a mother as I am just melts my heart. I am SO SO blessed and grateful for the greatest gift I have....My family.





No comments:
Post a Comment