Wednesday, January 13, 2010


Eliza has the best rewards for reading. For the kids who met their AR goal a few months ago, the school took them to the movie theater in Keokuk to watch ,Where the wild things are. Just today Eliza's teacher drove the kids to McDonald's and bought them lunch for making their reading goal. They will also get to ride the bus to Burlington latter this year to see the Burlington Bees play a baseball game. The school make reading so fun for the kids.What I really like about it is that the school takes them during school so all the kids who met their goal can go together. Lucky girl!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! That sounds better than the FIELD TRIPS at my girls' current school. I miss some things about their old school. :) Glad Eliza could enjoy so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how I missed this post. I just read it now and it brought back so many memories of when I went to visit your area of town. My friend Lisa and I went for four days and had such a great time. Hope all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very wise . . . if you can instill a love for reading in a child, it will totally open up their world. Very wise - hope she has a great time. Happy Reading Eliza!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome!!!

    Bella is learning to read now and has a Tag Reader system. We're all huge readers here and I truly believe it's one of the biggest keys to success in school!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails