This is me, my half brother Austin, my Dad, and stepmother Ethel, in July. It was the last time I saw my Father.
We were on the road driving to Utah when they had the viewing. We were trying to order some flowers and have them delivered as we were traveling. I called the mortuary and they suggested a florist. When I called them I couldn't believe how nice they were. They said they would get the flowers to the mortuary in time for the viewing which would be in just a few hours. The kind voice on the other side of the phone said. " don't worry ,we will do a good job for you." When we arrived at the funeral the next day we found this lovely arrangement. I know it cost them more to put it together then they charged me. I was so touched by the kindness of strangers during hard times.
I wish this photo showed my stepmother Ethel and Austin better. When we were taking photos at the grave side he put his head on his mothers head. It was very sweet. He is to young to loose his Dad.
After the funeral we went and visited my sweet Grandpa. I love him so much. My brother Mark was there also.





I am sorry to hear about your father. I know this can be a difficult time. My mother is very ill right now and I do not believe we will have her with us much longer. It is such a sad thought for me, but I know she will be glad to stop suffering so much.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes to you and your family