Saturday, November 12, 2011

till we meet again

Life changes and evolves. Sometimes faster then you can keep up with it. Death, Births, deployments,vacations, holidays, family time, and work. Sometimes change is fun, sometimes hard, but always makes you count your blessings. I was at the airport waiting for my  flight to California. I could hardly wait to hold my new granddaughter in my arms. She was only a few days old but had stole my heart the first time I heard she would be coming. Evey was the most beautiful 6lb 5oz baby girl I had ever seen ( even if only in photos.)As I sat dreaming of holding her, my cell phone rang. My daughter Sarah asked me if I knew about my Grandpa. Then she told me he had died. Memories of my Grandpa flooded my mind. He had fought in WW2 where he had lost his leg. He had married my Grandmother and adopted and raised her 3 children as if they where his own. Him and my Grandma had severed several missions for our church, and latter in life he lovingly cared for my Grandmother who latter died of Alzheimer's. But most of all I remembered what a great Grandpa he was. How much he loved his family, and how much he loved me. The last time I had seen him was after my fathers funeral a few months before. As I was leaving I said " I love you Grandpa. Do you love me? " "yes:" Well I love you more... Is that possible?" A big smile followed by a loud "No"  That was the last thing my Grandpa said to me and I know it is true. I was not able to go to the funeral since it was in Utah and I was in California loving and cuddling my new little Evey, but love can travel where sometimes we can't and my love will always be with my family no mater where they may be.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails