Saturday, November 12, 2011

Halloween




For the first time in 29 years Mike and I were apart on Halloween. Halloween is always a big deal at our home and we have always put a lot of effort into making it fun for the kids. Decorations fill the yard and house.  Mike and I had worked together put up the outside decorations at  the Begining of October. We spent the whole day laughing as we put our skeleton couple in different posses until they finally came to rest on a park bench, unaware of the spider behind them coming down the porch.
Then our world Changed for ever . Evey was born. I headed off to California to be with My Daughter, son- in -law and baby Evey , leaving Mike at home with the kids. Mike made Halloween fun for the kids back home. They carved pumpkins, decorated the inside of the home, and watched scary moves. Good thing Mike had superman to help him.





In California we celebrated too. Sarah and Layton went out to dinner and I got to play with Evey and pass out candy to all the little trick or treaters. ( I so love that part of Halloween) It was a fun Halloween. Even tough we were not all together ( Mike and the younger kids in Illinois, Issac in Korea, Alyssa in Utah, and Layton, Sarah, Evey and me in California) I know not even distance can separate family.



I feel so blessed to have such a great family. I love them so much.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mary,

    Haven't been around too much - family changes happen in the most extraordinary ways, don't they? Sometimes all at once, and at other times gradually - as we take life in. Your family is beautiful - surely growing up, and growing in size as well with the birth of Evey. She is a sweetie pie. Your family is blessed to have you and Mike - to be where it's important to be, even if it's not all together.
    Your blog looks (and sounds) great!
    Blessings to you and your family - wherever you may be.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails