Sunday, November 25, 2012

Christmas within you




This Christmas I am very excited to be having  my Daughter, Son-in law and Grandbaby visit for Christmas. I Cherish days, moments and even seconds I have with my family. We will get up early on Christmas morning. Then after gifts are open , love felt, and sleepys are still being wiped from eyes, I will head off to work. I still feel pain as I drive away on Christmas morning. I have done it so many times and for so many years, but it never gets easy.  I am always grateful that I do have a family to miss for the day. That my heart longs to be with them.That they love me, and I love them. My heart hurts for those who are also away from their family, or are alone. I am always grateful that I have been so blessed. I know that this Christmas will be a very special Christmas for me because of the family that I will have around me and always in my heart. No  matter if we are holding each other in our arms or seperated by miles ( Isaac and Alyssa) the love is always strong. I will trully cherish every moment that I have this Christmas. Each is a blessing.

"On this Christmas I send my love to every missionary, every man or woman in the military, every student, and every employee and traveler who won’t “be home for Christmas,”1 as the carol says. Keep your faith. Look for the good in your situation. Do something kind for someone. Seek Christ devoid of wrapping and tinsel. You will find that despite external circumstances, Christmas—like the kingdom of God—is “within you” (Luke 17:21)." Christmas within you by Elder Jeffery R. Holland

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails