Have you ever noticed how some talents need monetary investments to
be developed? Since I have been trying to get out of debt , plan a
budget and use my financial means in a way that is pleasing to God, my
focus has been turned more to money and what it means in my life. I have
been reading suggestions from other on how to be more frugal, spend
less and make your money go further. I am taking a free continuing
education finance coarse from BYU
http://is.byu.edu/courses/pe/999054070004/public/start.htm and learning a
lot.
The
prophets have counseled us to get an education, grow gardens, learn to
sew ,can food, do home maintenance and repairs and developed our
talents. These things help us be more self reliant and make it able to
bless others. I love the quote by Russel M Nelson that says " Education
is the difference between wishing you could help others and being able
to help them."
As I thought of these things it made me realize
that we need tools that often cost money to accomplish theses goals. We
need seeds, gardening tools, hoses for water, tomato cages and
sometimes pots and dirt to grow food. We need scissors, sewing machine
,material, thread, pins and patterns to learn to sew. Caning, and home
maintenance also need tool. To get a formal degree we need to pay
tuition, buy books and supplies. Developing talents often require their
own financial sacrifices too. Why is money so tied to personal
progression. Why can it be such a source of bondage or growth and
development. We are commanded to pay tithing in order to have certain
blessings. We Give to the poor in fast offerings. God gives us counsel
about money in conference and the scriptures. The wise stewardship of
money must be taken seriously if we are to progress spiritually,
intellectually and emotionally. If we are to develop our talents and
progress in the gospel often we need to make the financial commitment
first. If Satan can persuades us to go into debt or spend our money and
resources unwisely he can truly effect every area of our life. We have
to work longer hours away from our families to to pay our bills. Tithing
and fast offerings become a resented burden, we fail to have means to
properly develop our minds and talents. We might lack restores to help
us get through hard times, Like adequate health insurance, savings ,
retirement, unexpected expenses like car repairs or need for new
appliance. When are family needs help ,will our heart ache to help them
but because of financial bondage we will not be able to help? 2 Nephi 9
:51 says " Do not spend money for that which is of no worth, nor your
labor for that which cannot satisfy" I feel the bondage of debt. It is a
hard thing to carry. Debt is with you always, never giving you rest
until it is totally eliminated. It robs more then money from you. Debt
is Satan's tool. But there is hope. God loves us and wants us to be
free. He wants us to have the money we need to do his will. God wants us
to develop our talents, serve others and grow. He will help us. I know
he helps me. I am so grateful for what I am learning about finances. I
am grateful for miracles that are helping and leading me in a way that
will help me eventually be debt free. I feel his guidance and love as I
make decisions about my finances. Its not about how much you make it is
about being a wise Stewart of the things we are given. D&C 88:120 "
That your incomings may be in the name of the Lord; That your outgoings
may be in the name of the Lord; that all your salutations maybe in the
name of the Lord with uplifting hands unto the most high."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






That's awesome that you're taking charge of where your money goes and learning more about finances in general. Debt is awful and a horrible thing to have lingering over you. You're awesome lady!
ReplyDeleteThanks. I needed that encouragement. :)
Delete