


Nothing says Christmas quite like the Grinch. 13 Years ago, in Dec, our life was very busy. On Dec 1 I had just given birth to Samuel, not to mention the 3 other small children that already blessed our family. I was working 36 hr a week as an LPN while trying to study for my RN finales that I had to take on Dec 4Th . Mike was helping with the kids, working hard as a detective for Salt Lake sheriff's department, and trying to get started on Christmas preparations. The first week of December had come and gone and we had not put up any outside lights. Late one night as we were driving past the beautifully decorated homes, We heard Isaac exclaimed from the back seat "Look we are the black hole in the neighborhood." Sure enough our home sat dark and a little sad looking between the bright lights of our Friends homes. The next day when I returned home I found Mike sitting in the living room with all the kids around him as he finished painting "The Grinch" That day He had created a family tradition that continues to means so much to us. The Grinch reminds me of that very busy Christmas, When there wasn't time to even breath but Mike MADE time to make something special for me and the kids. It was truly a gift of time and love. Topped of with a little bit of humor.





No comments:
Post a Comment