Tuesday, February 2, 2010

My day off



I really love making breakfast for the kids on my days off. It is so nice to be with them before they go off to school. I really try to make the time with them a little extra special since on most days I leave for work before anyone is awake. I usually don't get to be with them until the day is almost over. The kids love pancakes, eggs, and ham, so that's what I usually make. I wish so much that I could see them off to school everyday.

February pancakes. ( The bottom one really isn't as dark as it looks in the photo)

Starting the day with a little sunshine is nice on a cold winter day.

Warming up the ham.

The boys can eat a ton of eggs.
Since I can't be there every morning I still try to do something for them to let them now I am thinking of them.For the last 3 years I have packed the kids lunches every morning . I always start off the day up early and alone but I am thinking of them as I put together their lunches. I hope they realize how much they mean to me and that I love them and think of them all day long. I love making "Fun" lunches for them especially around the holidays. Well, OK ,I admit it, I like making them all the time. But Samuel is too old for that now.( Sob Sob) He likes chicken, rice, chili, you know, the "hot" packed lunches. Thank goodness Eliza still puts up with my funny lunches.
In December I made them gingerbread boy PB sandwiches, with jelly Bean popcorn.
Well I made Eliza a gingerbread boy, but Samuel needed a plan sandwich. Darn I hate that my kids are growing up so fast. At least they still like special breakfasts.

5 comments:

  1. Awww! They must really know they are loved. That's so great. Wanna come cook breakfast at my house sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are so lucky to have you for their mom. What a fun breakfast! I love the gingerbread boy sandwhich too. You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet thing to do for your kids!! Trust me, they love it and will fondly remember it! I have two grown kids and have told me so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so sweet and amazing!
    I love the heart shaped eggs and the gingerbread boy sandwich! I can't find time to do that, I don't have to do it before I leave for work. You inspire me in so many, many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary,
    How blessed the kids are that you do this for them - a nice warm breakfast to begin their day, not to mention the love that you put into it...and their lunches.
    Beautiful.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails